Statistician – Model Validation
Immediate Need: Statistician – Model Validation
Base + bonus + relo
For Fortune 500 Banking Firm – Atlanta (northern), GA
Reports to Manager, Analytics – Strategic Research
Our client is a well-respected national Banking leader seeking a tenacious, motivated and experienced Model Validation Statistician charged with statistical model validation cross functionally throughout the firm’s organization. This will consist of 1) utilizing methodologies where you can’t use simple logistic regression because the target viable is very different and 2) be tasked with supporting unique business problems to solve using a model – that’s where the interesting part comes in.
The person in this role will interface with model developers and model owners with the end product being writing validation reports and communicating all this back to the business partners – Director and AVP’s.
The skillset requires modeling experience in a role that reviews models and asks question i.e., is this the right way of doing it? This team does replication work and develops challenger models. This involves a mixture of ability to get hands dirty in data and the ability to do the research in alternative methods even if it’s asking the question – is this the way that is appropriate or reasonable?
Applicants should hold:
- A Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline required
- Five years of post-graduate experience engaged in quantitative analysis within the finance, banking, financial engineering, research or insurance industry vertical is requisite
- Experience in independent oversight/validation of data analysis and modeling projects
- Experience engaging in quantitative analysis on non-standard and unique business problems utilizing a variety of advanced modeling techniques – logistic regression, general linear, non-linear modeling, survival analysis, clustering, time series, etc.
- Expertise in SAS, R or Python
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience, skill set and educational credentials.
Background ck and drug screening conducted
Must be US Citizen, PR or Green Card Holder.
Email your resume to